The Accredited Financial Analyst® (AFA®) Designation serves as a benchmark of competency in the finance profession and is recognized as the leading credential in Financial Analysis worldwide.
Some of the Designations which AFA®
Designation Holder has are:
- Corporate Financial Analyst
- Investment/Securities Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Equity Analyst
- Senior Financial Analyst
- Vice President of Finance
- Portfolio Managers
- Fund Managers
- Chief Financial Officer
- Higher salaries. Earn up to 16% more than your non-certified peers.
- Increases job security. Validates your competency in Financial Analysis, Equity Research, Financial Modelling and Creating Financial Reports.
- Better career flexibility. Prepares you for greater on-the-job responsibilities.
- Improves marketability. Stand out against other applicants in a tough job market.
- Boosts relevancy. Stay current in the profession with continuing education requirements.
AFA salary will vary based on the type of job, years of work experience, employer, and other factors. Using information gathered from various sources, the range of AFA salaries based upon job type range from:
- Corporate Financial Analyst : $59,597 - $83,446
- Investment/Security Analyst : $78,770 - $88,084
- Portfolio Manager : $58300- $175900
- Fund Manager : $144,385 - $167,973
- CFO : $75000 - $240000
Your earnings may even surpass industry standards with an advanced degree and relevant work experience.
AFA Total Compensation
It is important to note that the quoted AFA salaries constitute base pay only and do not include bonus or profit sharing components. According to the survey conducted by AAFM USA, the average total compensation received by AFA Designation holders located in the US was $250,000 as of 2011. Becoming a Accredited Financial Analyst is perhaps one of the most important career decisions that you can make as the AFA Designation has a global presence. It is also a solid resume enhancer and will provide stable long term employment, substantial AFA salaries, and excellent benefits.